Friday, March 21, 2014

Colour inspiration on a Friday

Hello all!
I can't believe another week has shot by and it's time for the Friday challenge with the Alcohol Markers DT at The Outlawz.   This week we're giving you a colour palette as inspiration - we don't ask that you obsessively match each colour but we do ask that you use alcohol markers!
           I chose an image from Emerald Faeries , (so cute) and went for a CAS look with a sprinkle of mixed media by using some torn strips of cardstock,  a stamped background and some punched out flowers, topped with gems.  The pixie was coloured with my Copics - they're definitely my favourite colouring medium as I do love their blending capabilities.


          I would like to enter this into the challenges at Emerald Faeries , 4 Crafty Chicks , As You Like It , Copic Marker Europe , Creative Knockouts and Addicted to Stamps and More.

                                          Thanks for popping in today :)

12 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is just absolutely delightful with a lovely kind of mixed media feel to it.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

sandie said...

Cool mixed media look Dawn and your colouring is just amazing x

Linda Palmer said...

This is such a cool card. I love it all, especially the mixed media and torn strips. Beautiful coloring as always. Great job Dawn.

Penny said...

OMWord, this is so darling! That image is really precious--love your coloring of it! Love the fab CAS scene you created, too--such a stunning design, Dawn! Love it! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Patricia St Martin said...

Dawn, Just love your style! Sorry I have not been around. Austin is beautiful this time of year 85 today. I think I'm helping, was able to give them some good ideas that I think will help Georgianna, this is so hard on her and for Bill also, they were so use to going where ever they wanted. Bill was able to fine a Van that will work for Georgianna so that is a plus. So I'm going to be here for a little bet. I do have to say the weather is so much nicer 85 today. I'm not commenting much but they both are sleeping now so thought I would get a little commenting done.
Hugs, Pat

Gerrina said...

Cute image, but with that background perfect not too cute! Hugs, Gerrina

Tracy said...

Cool! You put those Silhouette skills to work again on the image didn't you. :-) Cutie pie fairy. Hugs!

Tamie said...

Loving how you used the stamped flowers behind the main image and that you tore paper to create a love scene. Your coloring is amazing and I really love how you did the layout. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks No Pattern Paper Challenge. Have a great day!

nwilliams6 said...

Super cute! CAS but still very detailed. Great layout and I like the blue around the cute image. Great card. Hugz!

Sarah said...

What a great image and so beautifully coloured. Thanks for sharing with us at As You like It and Good Luck. Sarah

Unknown said...

Hope this lovely Spring Fairy will come and visit us soon here in Canada! Lovely job :) Thank you so much for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More this week, we sure hope to see you around again soon!!!

Kathi said...

Your Spring Fairy is wonderful and so beautifully colored.

I adore your mixed media background. The torn, layered, stampiness are just perfect!